Ropelink provides a variety of services for the rail industry which includes:
- Ground anchors
- Soil nails
- Stabilsation work on embankments and cuttings
- Vegetation control such as tree felling and scrub clearance
- Geotechical surveys
- Rockfall prevention netting
- Wall repairs
Access to works on bridges can be particularly difficult. This difficulty can be compounded by incurring financial penalties for disruption to road and rail traffic. Ropelink provides an unobtrusive, cost-effective access solution.
Ropelink's techniques are frequently used to:
- Inspect tunnel shafts, bridges, viaducts, aqueducts and retaining structures.
- Undertake non-destructive testing e.g. ultrasonics and dye ?penetrants.
- Internal inspection and concrete coring of bridge piers, culverts and other structures requiring confined spaces expertise.
- Maintain and repair bridges. Services include: manual re-pointing pressure pointing, pressure grouting, truss strengthening, installation of tie bars through bridge spandrels and installation of tendon dampening systems.
- Stabilisation of retaining structures using permanent anchors, soil anchors, Earth anchoring systems, dentition and buttressing.
- Surface preparation, spray painting, brush and roller painting and applications of preservatives to cable stays and suspensions
In recent years there has been a move away from building new roads to widening and maintaining existing roads. However, road widening schemes are seldom allowed to breech existing land boundaries. This means that cuttings and embankments have to become steeper. There is also an emphasis on providing greener more environmentally pleasing alternatives to concrete retaining walls.
Our work on highways includes:
- Installation of earth anchors
- Construction of rock catch fences
- Soil nailing
- Installation of pre-seeded biodegradable matting
We also inspect and repair ventilation shafts in road tunnels without the need for road lanes to be closed.